Computerised Accounting Training (ICB)
It is essential that the Junior Bookkeeper be able to work effectively on a computer. Learners must demonstrate this competence in basic business computing and a computerised accounting package. Computerised Bookkeeping Training is therefore a skills programme that covers the computer unit standards of the National Certificate. This skills programme is designed to prepare learners for completing the ICB Computerised Bookkeeping Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will include the completion of the monthly bookkeeping cycle on Pastel Accounting and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
It is assumed that the learner is competent in:
- Basic computer literacy and Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- A computerised accounting package
If a learner is not competent in 1 above, then he/she must first complete the International Computer Driving Licence or equivalent.
If a learner is not competent in 2 above, then he/she must first complete the skills programme in Pastel Accounting.
Upon successful completion of the programme, learners will receive an ICB results letter outlining the unit standards covered and the ICB will apply to FASSET on the learner’s behalf for the Further Education and Training Certificate in Bookkeeping to be awarded.
- Use a Graphical User Interface(GUI) – based spreadsheet application to solve a given problem
- Use a Graphical User Interface(GUI) – based database application to solve a given problem
- Maintain data integrity and security
- Administer Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable on the system
- Setting up the system
Contact us about booking training.