National Certificate in IT Systems Support
|Download the Course Outline|
In summary, the purpose of this qualification may be stated as:To develop learners with the requisite competencies against the skills profile for the systems support career path (The overarching aim being to develop a broader base of skills ICT professionals to underpin economic growth). This course maps to the internationally renowned Microsoft Certification, the MSCE / MCITP.
We will also prepare you for these Microsoft exams.
- Administer of Local Network
- Understand Network Architecture
- Design a local area network
- Install a local area Network
- Testing IT Systems
- Operating System Principles and Techniques
- Computer Architecture
- Installation of Local And Networked Software
- Identification, Installation and repairs
- Report Writing
- Personal Computer Assembly
- Installation of Local and Networked Peripherals
- Fax Machines
- High Volume Photocopiers
- Administration of Security Systems
- Customer relations
- Communication Skills
- Report Writing
- Business Principles and the role of IT
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
Compilation of Portfolio of Evidence
Includes all prescribed textbooks
Grade 12 or equivalent with English, Mathematics or NCIT – TS
IT Technician, PC Support, Network Technician, IT Manager
Upon successful completion of the qualification, the qualifying learner will have a thorough understanding of the role of an IT Systems Support person and be able to completely carry out the exit level outcomes of the qualification, in a business environment.
A qualifying learner at this level will be a well-rounded IT professional building on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF Level 4, via the National Certificate in IT Technical Support or equivalent. This qualification is expanding the specialisation(s) started at NQF Level 4 into the core field of networking and support, with further specialisation(s) into IT Support or in any other related vertical or enabled markets.
Contact us about booking training.